Lords of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We will -never- forget you[Image/video heavy.] Edit on funeral times

+3
Zath
Nyegrish
Rikor
7 posters

Go down

We will -never- forget you[Image/video heavy.] Edit on funeral times Empty We will -never- forget you[Image/video heavy.] Edit on funeral times

Post by Rikor Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:52 pm

Dear guildmates,

Death...It's a sad thing, a thing that no one likes. It's something that brings sadness, grief, and even guilt to mind when you think of it. I don't know if you all believe in this, but I believe death isn't always a bad thing...It's an opportunity to go to a better place, a place of eternal love, happiness, and joy. ( Unless you're that pyschopath I see on TV )
We will -never- forget you[Image/video heavy.] Edit on funeral times Oprdph
Gwen( Ingame name being Arixia ) a well known Councilor, friend, and joyous person passed away on June 11th, 2013. She was a dear member and Councilor of our community, was killed by a drunk driver in a car crash. Gwen touched all of our hearts, and gave us good memories that we share today, a privilege I'm glad to have. Gwen led our Mandalorian/Hunter's union called Clan Ar'klim, in the guild, and she led it well. In life, she was a good friend to not only me, but she was very close to many people, like Nyegrish and Rathor. 
We will -never- forget you[Image/video heavy.] Edit on funeral times 2vbuh3t
Gwen was beautiful, on the inside and out. She was a kind, loving young lady that wasn't vengeful or selfish...She was Selfless, if I do say so myself. When i think of Gwen, I see a bright, intelligient, beautiful, and loving woman that would sacrifice her time to help a friend, or even a stranger. When I think of her, I can't help but smile at all the good, and fun memories we've shared, and she will always have a place in not only my heart, but the hearts of many others.

Edit One: Gwen's brother, Will, has asked that in respect to Gwen and their family, if all her friends could do a quite simple daily routine to listen to these songs atleast once a day. It'd only take five minutes out of your time, and the songs aren't bad at all. 

"Everything's Alright" by Laura Shigihara

"Reignite" by Malukah

"Misty Mountains" by Malukah

"Setting Sail, Coming Home" (End theme) by Darren Korb

"My Immortal" by Evanescence

"Wunderkind" by Alanis Morissette

"Hands" by Jewel

"Gently As She Goes" by Katethegreat19

"Myst 3: Exile American Wheels of Wonder" by Mazedude

"Tumbleweed" by Puscifer

"Laughing With" by Regina Spektor

"Safe and Sound" by Taylor Swift ( Feat. Civil Wars )

"To Zanarkand" by Nobuo Uematsu

"Ambient Gemini" by Mcvaffe

"Roads" by Portisheads

On her Funeral, which is June 14th( This Friday ) at 11:00 PM Pacific, 1:00 PM Central, and 2:00 PM Eastern time zones, if you all could atleast take the time out of your day and listen to these songs, we'd all be very happy. These songs touched Gwen's heart dearly in some sort or another, and I myself will be listening t these songs daily.

We will always love and charish the fun and memorable times,
Rikor and the gang.

Last edited by Rikor on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:49 pm; edited 8 times in total

Rikor
Admin

https://swtorlos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

We will -never- forget you[Image/video heavy.] Edit on funeral times Empty Re: We will -never- forget you[Image/video heavy.] Edit on funeral times

Post by Nyegrish Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:08 pm

Gwen...there aren't enough words in the universe to describe what an amazing person she was. I have nothing but good memories of her...

I think I really started to get close to her when she, Rathor, and I played World of Warcraft for awhile. She'd always come on and make us both laugh and she'd have a good time with us. When we returned to SWTOR we continued to grow closer and closer. When she convinced me to get Trillian, we both began our own RP using that, and that was probably some of the most fun I've ever had. One of the things I enjoyed doing with her the most was talk about Game of Thrones...which we both loved alot.

"As Daenerys Targaryen rose to her feet, her black hissed, pale smoke venting from its mouth and nostrils. The other two pulled away from her breast and added their voices to the call, translucent wings unfolding and stirring the air, and for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

- Game of Thrones, what I think was her favorite part.

I could always count on her to put a smile on my face, and to be an ear to talk to whenever I needed it. And I always tried to do the same for her. Whenever she'd come on and tell me about something wonderful happening, like when she found a boyfriend that actually cared about her, I felt nothing but joy for her. Whenever something bad would happen, I'd be there for her and try and cheer her up in any way I could. I know right now she'd probably say *hugs*, and then go *shoves you into a well* if she saw me crying like this right now.

I practically loved her like a sister...and now that this amazing person is gone...there's a massive void in my heart, one that can never be filled. I still can't believe it happened...but I'll mourn her, and continue to remember her until the day I die and can join her in heaven. In SWTOR I knew her as Arixia, in WoW I knew her as Zoefaye, and she will always live on in my heart as Gwendolyn.

We all love you, Gwen. And we always will.

"But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord."

-1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

Last edited by Nyegrish on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:03 pm; edited 11 times in total

Nyegrish

Back to top Go down

We will -never- forget you[Image/video heavy.] Edit on funeral times Empty Re: We will -never- forget you[Image/video heavy.] Edit on funeral times

Post by Zath Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:26 pm

I don't even know where to begine.

I've always known her as Arix and during the short time I was on WoW... I knew her as Zoe. But name doesn't mean a thing compared to knowing her.

She was a great and very passionate person with lots of honor, she cared deeply about her friends and had a great influence on all their hearts... including mine.

She was always there when I needed her, whether it's for comfort or to just talk. She always helped me through rough times and always managed to calm me down and cheer me up. She was there for me like I was for her, she had the greatest influence on my life and my heart. Her wise words will stick with me forever.

Her sudden departure did leave a geep and empty voide in me.. but it will never overshadow the good she has done. 

She was... is the greatest friend I have ever had... and it was a great honor to be her friend.

I will never forget her last words to me,

"Have fun!"
*hugs*

We all love you Gwen, and allways will. *Hugs back*

Personal note:
Gwen.... I love you as a sister I never had... and more so. Thank you for all you have done... *Zathy hugs tightly, never wanting to let go*

Edit: If I was to compare gwen to any star Wars character, it would be Lujayne Forge from the first book of the Star Wars X-Wing series. She was a good person who care about her squadronmates and held them together. Sadly... she dies halfway through the book, but her legacy lived on in the following books, her helping and careing helped Rouge Squadron stay together, even a more notable character, Corran Horn, says how careing she was and how much of a help she was.

Edit: This entire time... she has taught us a lesson.. or wrather, reminded me of a quote that teaches us a lesson.... it hurts and makes me tear up everytime I recite it... but it's true.

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast terrible inbetween. But there is still time to seize that one last fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference, as you say. And I intend to do just that."

She made a difference... 

We will -never- forget you[Image/video heavy.] Edit on funeral times Flyccl

Last edited by Zath on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:58 pm; edited 7 times in total
Zath
Zath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekrarr Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Gwen... what can really be said about her that already hasn't been said? She was a wonderful person... extremely special to anyone who had the good fortune to meet her.

I know that everyday I set aside some time to talk to her. We had RP's like she had with Nye... sometimes we'd just talk about nothing in particular. Other times we'd have personal problems that we would work out together... she was always there for you, no matter your problem. She was firm, opinionated and sweeter then the best candy! That is why I, and so many here, love her.

Her last words to me, Zath were not quite as sweet... cause it was something like "I'll be back shortly," but... the rest of that day was just... a blast! Just like most days talking with her!

I still talk to her daily... just like I would on Trillian... she doesn't answer me back, but.. I can imagine what she'd say... and I know what she'd say about all these kinds words... she'd be moved to tears... she'd want to hug each and every one of us... and no doubt give me a *bonk* for crying so much...

Heaven just became a much better place... because Gwen is there. I know I have a long way to go before I prove myself worthy of joining you there, Gwen... but I promise you I will! We all will!

I love you Gwen... I always will... *hugs Gwen tightly*

R.I.P. Gwendolyn....

February 13, 1993 - June 11, 2013

An angel taken before her time...

Rekrarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Rathor Pirrell Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:35 pm

Gwen....where do I even start?

I loved you like a sister, Gwen. You had always been there for me, and I tried hard to do the same. I know I failed sometimes to be there for you, and I'm...so sorry for that, I hope you'll forgive me when we see each other again.

Gwen...loving doesn't even begin to describe you. You were intelligent, sophisticated, and funny, as well. You could always find some way to make Nyeg or I laugh, and that's one of the things I loved so much about you.

I remember days and night spent RPing together, or just hanging out. I remember you waiting to tell me something. I remember how excited you were to have a man who truly loved you for you deliver a different colored rose and a note every day until Thursday, and you telling me how you practically floated into the house after your first date with him. I remember countless hours spent worrying about you about various things, wishing life would just let you enjoy it. I remember hearing about you're departing...and a massive void formed where you were. I remember these things, and will always.

I don't know a lot of things. I don't know why God decided to take you when he did. I don't know when I'll be able to see you again. What I do know, however, is Heaven is an even greater place now that you're there, and I expect to be tacklehugged when I get to the gates.

Goodbye Gwen...you're a truly amazing individual...I'll miss you....

Rathor Pirrell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryna Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:35 pm

Holy crap... I didn't know her at all, but still... So much death in my life recently. First my uncle dies of a heart attack, then my grandmother, then my best goddamn friend dies, like Gwen, in a fucking car accident, and now this?!?

Ryna

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkborn Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:07 am

Gwen

There are no words that are sufficient for all you were: A generous spirit, loving and sincere, always ready to give of yourself.   You enriched all our lives. 
You shared your sorrows with us and your joys; but most of all you shared yourself.  No gift could be worth more. 
You brightened my day so many times: your greetings, your *hugs*, the way you made me smile.
You’ve given me so many memories to cherish, from Role Play, from our talks together, to just being silly – little quips in chat that made me laugh aloud.

I want to thank you for all you gave; for being a part of my life and making it better.
I love you, Gwen.  I will never forget you.
~Amy  aka. Inig Darkborne

[Author’s note: I thought I was writing a sonnet when I began this, but somehow, it never quite fit. So rather than sacrificing meaning to a stricter form, I’ve let it be its own variation. Gwen herself was entirely unique—perhaps her poem should be so too.]

Farewell, Bright Soul
In memory of Gwen  

Farewell, Bright Soul, on your far journey’s way;
   Remember us not as we weep for thee.
       Our sorrow at this parting echoes deep;
       We wake to find you gone and our dismay
   Cries out in longing for what cannot be:
To have you back again and ours to keep.

Bright Soul, remember us not in our grief,
   But with the joy you woke in every heart:
How poor our lives, if we had never known
   A moment spent with you, however brief,
    The warmth your caring words always impart;
Even sadness shared proves we are not alone.

We ask you to remember as you fare
   ‘Midst distant sea and skies, shining afar,
    We who remain, envisioning you there,
And hold you, thus, to be our guiding star.
Darkborn
Darkborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum